Monday, March 22, 2010

The Nook

My sister bought me a Nook last week and I have been abusing that thing ever since. Learning how to turn the darn thing on, waiting for it to boot, only to have it freeze on me-! Then trying all over again. Attempting to download. Trying to open my books. Click click tap tap - give it a good shake.

I feel bad for the poor thing.

But I think I'm getting the hang of it!

I've had mixed feelings about these eBook readers since The Kindle came out because well, it's so darn expensive. Almost $300 for something that doesn't even come with books yet. If you're a smart book shopper, you can get the actual physical book you paid $10 for on the reader for much, much less - especially if you buy them used.

So. It's very expensive. But it's so convenient! And I didn't have to pay for the Nook myself. Which, of course, makes me happy. I think I love The Nook. Maybe...

I'm still hesitant about paying so much for an electronic copy of a book I can buy a real copy of for much, much less.

So far I haven't spent anymore than $5 for a book on the Nook. I can't bring myself to spend anymore than that. Too bad some of the really good books are $10!

On the bright side, I plan to travel a lot so this will definitely come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment