Thursday, March 11, 2010

Book: Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Coraline is the first Neil Gaiman book I have read and I must say I truly enjoyed it. The movie did not win an Oscar but Mr. Gaiman did not expect a win since UP was on the list and how can anyone compete with Russel and Mr. Fredricksen?? They're definitely friendlier than lonely Coraline, although just as funny - well, if you have a twisted sense of humor, of course.

And Coraline IS funny. And scary and dark and just plain creepy sometimes. Reading it was not a very traumatic experience but it wasn't until I put my book down and thought about it that I felt a chill run down my spine.

Anyway, after reading Coraline I found myself ordering Mr. Gaiman's other books on Amazon.com because I don't think I can get enough of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment